Growth Plan 2022 - SEPTEMBER 24
Chancellor (Kwasi Kwarteng) Growth
• Bringing forward the 1 percentage point cut to the basic rate of Income Tax to April
2023 and abolishing the additional rates of Income Tax – accompanied by changes to
the dividend tax rate.
• The cancellation of the planned increase to the Corporation Tax (CT) main rate from
19% to 25% – with the main rate remaining at 19% from 1 April 2023
• The repeal of reforms to the Off-Payroll Working (OPW) rules introduced in the public
sector in 2017 and extended to medium and large-sized organisations in the private
and voluntary sectors in 2021 – with workers providing their services via an
intermediary once again responsible for determining their employment status and
paying the correct amount of tax and National Insurance contributions from 6 April
• Confirmation that the Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) will be set at £1 million
permanently, originally raised from £200,000 as a temporary measure in January
2019 (and due to end in March 2023)
• the introduction of new investment zones around the UK where enhanced tax reliefs
will be offered for Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), Enhanced Capital Allowances,
Structures and Buildings Allowance and Employer National Insurance contributions
• An expansion of the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) to help more UK startups raise higher levels of finance – doubling the annual investor limit to £200,000,
increasing the gross asset limit to £350,000 and making it easier for investors to claim
tax reliefs, due to come into force from 6 April 2023
• Changes to the Company Share Option plan (CSOP) scheme – increasing the employee
share option limit from £30,000 to £60,000 and removing a condition which limits the
types of shares eligible for inclusion within the scheme, both due to take effect from
6 April 2023
• The cancellation of the planned increase in the rate of Diverted Profits Tax from 25%
to 31% and the planned reduction in the Corporate Tax surcharge rate for banking
companies, both of which had been due to take effect from 1 April 2023.
Reversal of the Health and Social Care Levy Factsheet - GOV.UK
• The Growth Plan 2022: Investment Zones factsheet - GOV.UK
• Corporation Tax rise cancellation – factsheet - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
• The Growth Plan 2022: Factsheet on Stamp Duty Land Tax
• The Growth Plan 2022: Factsheet on Income Tax
To get started right away, just tap any placeholder text (such as this) and start typing to
replace it with your own.
Want to insert a picture from your files or add a shape, text box, or table? You got it!
On the Insert tab of the ribbon, just tap the option you need.